Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Balance!


So my friend Jenny encourages me to start blogging. I immediately think, no way... I don't have time for that! Then I get another prompt from her. An email about the "Date My Mate Challenge" which is what really perked my interest. I started reading and browsing through Jenny's blog, and her sister-in-law Erin's blog. Hmmm... interesting stuff. All of it stuff I need to remind myself. This year, 2010 is about finding balance for me. Historically I have been an all or nothing kind of girl. I totally throw myself into one thing, while letting the rest go. There are so many areas in my life where I have fallen victim to this trap. Well, it's time for change. Bob (oh how I love him!) from the Biggest Loser was sharing with someone on the show how the reason they had failed in their weight loss efforts was because they had learned how to loose, how to gain, but they didn't know how to maintain. It was like Bob was talking to me! So this year it is my goal to learn to maintain (and we aren't just talking diets here!) - which in my eyes is all about balance. Taking time to reconnect myself with the things that are important. Having fun with my boys, reconnecting with my husband and taking care of myself. So here we go..... oh and check out the link to the right for the "Date My Mate Challenge" on the bringingupburns blog. Thanks Jenny for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment