Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Ezra's school party. I was bursting with excitement to make his Valentine goodies to share with his classmates. I had it all planned out... making the "I dig you" shovel candy bags from eighteen25 (an awesome blog by the way!). I ordered the shovels on ebay, but they didn't get here in time. My dear, sweet husband went on a bit of a hunt the night before to make sure I had what I needed... and I did! He found 12 shovels, so that I could make the perfect Valentine's. Love him!
We got to school that morning, and as I walk up one of the moms says, "oh, what did you make? You always make something cute." Seriously... she made my day. I'm known as THAT mom? I was in heaven. Inside though, I was also laughing... ok, so I'm the mom that brings the super cute classroom goodies. My kids had the super cute OhFiddlesticks mustache Valentine shirts. Adorable. Me... well I looked like I just rolled out of bed. I had just showered, thrown on my sweats and tennies, and literally ran out the door. Absolutely no effort put on myself. None. So I guess for now I can clearly say that my ability to balance things is still a bit off... kids, husband, house, work, school, exercise, my appearance. I can't do it all, somethings gotta give, and right now it seems to be my appearance. Such is life. For now I will shine in the glory of being the creative mom in hopes that one day I can be the creative, hot mom. Or at least creative, put something on besides sweats and wore a bit of make-up mom.
Here are few pictures of the goodies I made. A special thanks to my scrappin mamas group for all the wonderful inspiration - these ladies always make me look good!

"I like the way you roll" box of Rolo candies for teachers.























"I dig you" Valentines with shovel and candy.
























and of course, this years Valentine sent to family and friends.























Hope you have a love filled Valentine's Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment