Monday, February 28, 2011

betancourt house update

Thanks to a very patient husband, and some really really late nights, I've done a few crafting, decorating projects around the house. What I love is that almost all of the projects are using items I already had, or items I found thrift store shopping! Here are just a few... more to come later this week, so be sure to check back! Today, it's all about the dining room!

I painted my Grandmothers old sewing table a bright cheery yellow. It ended up being much brighter than I planned, but once it was done I decided to live with it. I like the bright pop of color, but it was a little much... so for now I put this table cloth over it to break up the color.























I used chalkboard paint to update this old cabinet door that I had. It used to have a floral print in the center, but it just wasn't my taste anymore... so I covered it with chalkboard paint for a fresh new look. I added some really fun knobs from Hobby Lobby that are all different colors. It's been fun to have a place to write messages or words of inspiration!
















I scored on this refurbished buffet table from Chic Staging Designs (check em out on FB). I added a few frames and other accessories that I had hanging around - I just love it! It's funky, distressed and full of character - plus I don't have to worry about the boys messing it up!























I found an old vintage window, sanded it a bit, painted it and purchased this bird vinyl from House of Smith. I think it needs something more... but for now I haven't decided. Maybe a shelf underneath? Suggestions are welcomed!















My awesome, creative friend Jenny helped me make this fabric rosette wreath that was inspired by Kiki Creates blog. I just love it... although my fingers are a bit tender from all the hot glue burns! I wasn't sure where I was going to use it, then I realized this window I had laying around would be the perfect backdrop.

















Be sure to check back this week for more decorating, crafting, upcycling fun!




3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love it all!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been really busy lately and it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow table and everything looks fabulous!!
    I found you through Creative Estates- as I am trying to decide if I want to go or not ;) Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete