Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Theme of the month!

I found this inspirational blog Katherine Marie Photography through a fellow online scrapping mama and was so amazed at the beautiful photogrpahy and fun creative ideas that I decided to give it a try with my boys! Instead of doing a theme a week, I am attempting to do a theme a month. For January our theme was SNOW. It involved fun activities such as making marshmallow snowmen, cotton ball crafts, whip cream finger painting, a few trips to the snow and more! Here is a collection of photographs... and although it does take time to get everything organized; it has been really fun for all of us. I enjoy searching the web for new activities, healthy fun snacks, crafts, movies, etc. all related to our theme of the month. It makes our days more exciting, and gives us something to look forward to especially when the rain keeps us inside. Check out Katherine's blog (click on her name above) to see her incredibly inspiring work, and check back here at Betancourt Bunch to see our upcoming themes. For February we are working on hearts, the color red, and LOVE... in honor of Valentine's Day.




The finishing touches on our homemade pizza!


Jonah making his snowman pizza


The snowmen pizza's!

Cottonball snowmen - they love using glue!



Are we having fun yet?


Snowman grilled cheese sandwhich that I cut out and the boys helped decorate.



The activity suggested using shaving cream, but knowing my boys, I opted for whipcream since I knew it would end up in their mouths! And yep, I was right!

Fingerpainting with whip cream made snowmen


YUMMMMM


Ezra and his marshmallow man!


Sledding - first trip to the snow!


A hike to the Big Tree's with daddy!











No comments:

Post a Comment